Getting Started: Managed Webinars
Last updated November 27, 2018
This article looks at the process of a managed webinar event.
Please note: it is important you become familiar with the following processes and items. In doing so, you will become aware of what both yourself and WorkCast are individually responsible for.
Managed events are available to purchase with Producer+ licences or above. Please contact your Accounts Customer Success Manager to discuss adding this to your package.
- Request Your Event Date: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1) Date, time and duration of your event.
2) Whether you intend on pre-recording any part of your presentation.
3) Event type - e.g: live slides and audio, whether you intend on including webcam/screen share, etc.
You will receive an automated email with a case number for your request after submitting your request. WorkCast will then email you to confirm whether your event date and time is available.
IMPORTANT: If you intend to record any part of your event with WorkCast, it's a good idea to plan your pre-record session now - make sure this is part of your event process and you have plenty of time planned for reviewing and editing your content.
Customers can either have a pre-recording session or rehearsal session prior to the event taking place.
- Contributor Setup: Once your event booking is confirmed you will be given contributor access. This is an easy method of inputting all event information such as overview text, presenter information, sponsor logos, registration form fields, documents and links. You can preview your registration and event auditorium pages as you go meaning you can ensure everything is correct before your event goes live. For more information on contributor set up click here.
- Submitting Contributor: Submit your pages to be approved by WorkCast. After approval, we will provide your final event registration and auditorium URLs within one working day. Be sure to check over your pages and let us know if you wish to make any further changes.
- Event Links: You are then free to market and point people towards your registration/event URLs. You will also have access to reporting within the WorkCast platform to monitor registrations and obtain event statistics.
Prior to your event
Event Coordinator assigned
- A WorkCast Event Coordinator is assigned to your event after your event date is confirmed. This takes place between 10-14 days prior to your live event date (on the Monday prior to the event taking place).
- You will receive a confirmation email from your Event Coordinator providing an initial introduction and confirming your event date. You can then communicate directly with your assigned WorkCast Event Coordinator for your upcoming event.
Fully Live events
- After your Event Coordinator is assigned we suggest booking a technical rehearsal. (if you have not pre-recorded your content through WorkCast already). Email email@example.com with your desired rehearsal date.
- Login/dial-in details will be provided by your WorkCast Event Coordinator which can then be passed onto your event speakers and other represent ivies.
Timescales: Booked with event request where possible
- We recommend booking rehearsals at least two working days before the live event date to keeps information fresh in presenters' minds.
- Customer to book in with WorkCast Event Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The earlier the session is booked the more likely your desired date will be available.
- Login/dial-in details will be provided by the WorkCast Event Coordinator which can be passed on to event presenters.
Timescales: Booked with event request where possible at least two weeks before the event date to allow for reviewing and editing. Edited media is sent three working days after the recording session for customer to review. Pre-records can be carried out up to 3 working before the live event date, however please note this would give no time for editing and updates; recording must be of final content and run 'as live'.
Slides, polls, pre-prepared questions and attachments
- Final version of slides sent to WorkCast along with any required polls, pre-prepared questions and attachments.
- These will be loaded in to the Platform by WorkCast ready for the event.
Timescales: At least two working days prior to live event or recording session.
Reminder emails dispatched to registrants
- Registrants will be sent event reminders.
Timescales: 24 hour and 1 hour reminders unless specified otherwise by customer.
- WorkCast will meet presenters online and on the phone bridge 30 minutes before the start time of live event.
On-demand session created
- Event pages will be updated to include recorded version of the webinar.
- Your event URLs will not change.
Timescales: Within one working day of the event.
Post event emails (if required)
- Post event emails can be dispatched to both attended and non-attended registrants of your event.
Timescales: Dispatch upon receipt of approval from Customer.
Was this article useful?
Please provide us with any feedback to help us improve this page