The Interactive Studio combines webcams, screenshare and video playback into one easy-to-use studio.
NOTE: Recommend use of Google Chrome, Firefox, or the most up to date version of Edge, a strong internet connection, and turning off any VPN for you and your presenters.
Want everyone to show on webcam? Want to share slides without the hassle of uploading them? Want to play out a demo video but still want live elements? The interactive studio is the one for you!
What does the Interactive Studio look like?
When you first login to the interactive studio you will be presented immediately with the My Connections Pod and the Presenter Only Chat pod.
Note: The studio does remember preferences so your view will change should you close or move a pod in a previous studio. If you can not see My Connections pod on the screen, toggle the My Connections option to green on the left hand side pods menus. The pod should appear, you may need to click the + icon expand the pod.
There are no limits on the amount of users who can join and connect within the Interactive studio, however we’d recommend only inviting those who will speak/present on the event as this is easier to manage for Producers.
My Connections pod
The My Connections pod is where you can connect your webcam, hear and see other presenters, screenshare any presentation slides and playback any pre-recorded demos or media.
Note: Presenters who will be dialling in via a phone bridge can contribute audio-only. Telephone dial-in details are provided on the top right-hand side of the Studio.
The My Connections pod will first load to the Studio Lobby.
- Display name - Other presenters within the studio and also the audience once the event is broadcasting will see your selected display name when you are speaking.
- Join the event - Clicking here takes you into the event where you will be able to see and speak to any additional presenters who have joined the event.
- Microphone - Select and configure your microphone settings.
- Show/hide webcam - Here you can choose to show or hide your webcam and if you have multiple cameras available you can select which camera to use.
- Presenter background (optional) - If you wish to hide your webcam background you can choose from a list of pre-set images, background blur or upload your own background image.
Main event controls
Once you’ve joined you are still able to change any of the settings previously selected in the lobby.
- Mute/unmute button - Click to mute or unmute your audio. To view your available microphones and speaker output options click the small arrow to the top right of the speaker icon.
- Show/hide webcam - If you just wish to connect your microphone you can hide your webcam if required. If you choose to hide your camera, then you will be hidden completely from the My Connections pod. You will not be seen, but you will still be heard.
If you have multiple/external cameras connected, you can choose your camera by selecting the arrow to the top right of the camera icon.
- Share your screen - Click this to share your screen, an application window, or a particular browser tab. When you share your screen this will appear large to the audience with anyone connected via webcam appearing as small thumbnails. To end sharing your screen make sure you re-click the screenshare button and you see your screenshare disappear in your own view in the My Connections pod.
- Participants pane - You can see all connected presenters within the participants pane. From here a moderator can mute/ask to unmute other presenters, and turn off users webcams. When a moderator uses the 'Ask to unmute' option this will send a Studio text notification to that individual presenter only, asking them to begin speaking. Presenters can see the list of connected users but do not have the rights to mute/ask to unmute other users.
- Toggle local presenter view - This is how you can toggle between the 2 viewing styles. The first option is Speaker view and shows one speaker dominating the screen with the other speakers' thumbnails listed on the right-hand side. This is the style automatically selected when someone is screen sharing. If you've clicked to pin it on a certain person you can click this again to see all your presenters at once.
The second view is Tile view, which is where all presenter tiles appear in equal size in the centre of the My Connections pod. Depending on the number of presenters connected the layout will change automatically.
Note: Whatever you change your view to within the studio, will not change it for the audience unless you have Moderator Rights and Everyone Follows Me selected. Please click here to understand how to enable this.
- Performance settings - Adjust the quality of your camera based upon your internet connection. You can change to lower quality if you are on a poorer connection. By default it will connect to the highest quality.
- Options - Click to see additional menu options.
- Disconnect/connect button - When you open My Connections it will automatically connect you to the call. You can click the red button (2) to leave the call at any point.
Note: If you do this during a live broadcast you will not be seen/heard by the audience, but you can rejoin.
- Shortcuts - Keyboard shortcuts to quickly access items in the My Connections pod.
- Settings - Click to show additional options.
- Devices - Review microphone, camera and audio output settings and play a test sound to check your connections.
- Profile - Set/Change your presenter display name.
- Moderator (Moderators only) - Allows you to select the 'Everyone Follows Me' option explained further here. Presenters who are not moderators do not see this option.
- Sounds - Allows you to manage your own sound notification settings.
- More - Language selector to select your display language.
- Presenter background - If you wish to hide your webcam background you can choose from a list of pre-set images, background blur or upload your own background image. Click here to find out more.
- Share a video - This allows you to share a direct MP4 video URL or YouTube video which your presenters and audience will see if shared. Click here to find out more.
Examples of how your event could look using speaker view (Default):
Speaker view - webcams
Default screenshare view (Please note if you are screensharing and would like to be available on webcam your image would show to the bottom right of the slide).
Please note: If you are screensharing your webcam will automatically become disabled. Should you wish to show on webcam, click the webcam icon on your My Connections control bar to activate picture in picture mode. Your webcam will then show to the bottom right of the slide while all other webcams would appear in the thumbnail bar.
Default media playback view
- Presenter Only Chat
- Event Polls
- Attendee Questions/Attendee Chat
- Event Interactions
If your event is configured to the below types also click back to find guides:
- Slides-Only Studio
- Simulive Studio
- Live Stream Studio