Getting Started: Managed Webinars
Last updated October 11, 2018
This article looks at the process of a managed webinar event.
Please note: it is important you become familiar with the following processes and items. In doing so, you will become aware of what both yourself and WorkCast are individually responsible for.
Managed events are available to purchase with Producer+ licences or above. Please contact your salesperson or account manager to discuss adding this to your package.
- Request Your Event Date: Email email@example.com with the following information:
1) Date, time and duration of your event.
2) Whether you intend on pre-recording any part of your presentation.
3) Event type - e.g: live slides and audio, whether you intend on including webcam/screen share, etc.
You will receive an automated email with a case number for your request after submitting your request. WorkCast will then email you to confirm whether your event date and time is available.
IMPORTANT: If you intend to record any part of your event with WorkCast, it's a good idea to plan your pre-record session now - make sure this is part of your event process and you have plenty of time planned for reviewing and editing your content.
Customers can either have a pre-recording session or rehearsal session prior to the event taking place.
- Contributor Setup: Once your event booking is confirmed you will be given contributor access. This is an easy method of inputting all event information such as overview text, presenter information, sponsor logos, registration form fields, documents and links. You can preview your registration and event auditorium pages as you go. This means you can ensure everything is correct before your event goes live. For more information on contributor set up click here.
- Submitting Contributor: Submit your pages to be approved by WorkCast. We will then provide your final event registration and auditorium URLs within one working day. Be sure to check over your pages and let us know if you need to make any further changes.
- Event Links: Once you are happy with your live content, you are then free to send out your registration/event URLs. You'll also gain reporting access to the WorkCast platform so you can monitor registrations and obtain event statistics.
Prior to your event
Event Manager assigned
- After your event date is confirmed and you are marketing the event, a WorkCast Event Coordinator is assigned to your event. This takes place between 10-14 days prior to your live event date (on the Monday prior to the event taking place). A confirmation email will then be sent from your Event Coordinator providing an initial introduction and confirming your event. This will allow you to communicate directly with your assigned WorkCast Event Coordinator for your upcoming event.
Fully Live events
- If you have not pre-recorded your content through WorkCast, it is now a good idea to book a technical rehearsal with the events team. You do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Login/dial in details will be provided by your WorkCast Event Manager which can then be passed on to event presenters.
Timescales: Booked with event request where possible - ideally to take place two working days before the live event date as this keeps information fresh in presenters' minds.
- Customer to book in with WorkCast Event Team by emailing email@example.com. The earlier the session is booked the more likely the date will be available. Login/dial-in details will be provided by the WorkCast Event Coordinator which can be passed on to event presenters.
Timescales: Booked with event request where possible at least two weeks before the event date to allow for reviewing and editing. Edited media is sent three working days after the recording session for customer to review. Pre-records can be carried out up to 3 working before the live event date, however please note this would give no time for editing and updates; recording must be of final content and run 'as live'.
Slides, polls, pre-prepared questions and attachments
- Final version of slides sent to WorkCast along with any required polls, pre-prepared questions and attachments. These will be loaded in to the Platform by WorkCast ready for the event.
Timescales: At least two working days prior to live event.
Reminder emails dispatched to registrants
- Any registrants will be sent event reminders.
Timescales: 24 hour and 1 hour reminders unless specified otherwise by customer.
- WorkCast will meet presenters online and on the phone bridge 30 minutes before the start of the event.
On-demand session created
- Event pages will be updated to include recorded version of the webinar. Your event URLs will not change.
Timescales: Within one working day of the event.
Post event emails (if required)
- A post event email can be dispatched to both attended and non-attended registrants of your event.
Timescales: Dispatch upon receipt of approval from Customer.
Was this article useful?
Please provide us with any feedback to help us improve this page