Learn about channels on the WorkCast Platform and how you can use them for your event.
The WorkCast Platform is a unique Webinar and Webcasting platform that allows users to have fully styled and branded event workflows that can be used for many different events.
Every customer of WorkCast Producer+ and Enterprise licenses has the option to use the channel capabilities of the WorkCast Platform supported by the enterprise video management features of the platform.
Channel Information and Features
- A Channel is a grouping of events or event sessions. Each of these Events or Event Sessions will contain media that can be viewed online. Event Sessions and Events can be added to the Channel through the Platform.
- A WorkCast Channel is more than just a media hosting environment as each Event or Event Session within a Channel can be uniquely designed and contain other content and interactivity as with live webinars.
- Available Channels can be located through the Events tab.
- Channel templates can be created to allow many different types of design and experience. Created by WorkCast, these can be part of a Master Template.
- Channels can be configured to be CPD/CME and Learning Channels by making the content access and progress for a viewer dependent upon answering questions or having viewed previous content in its entirety.
- Every Channel will have a main landing page or lobby that provides access and a search for the Events or Event Sessions in the Channel, and it can be uniquely designed including descriptions and details of the Channel as well as thumbnails of the Events.
- Channels can have their own unique security access model and communications associated with them.
- Channels can have filters that allow you to group Events or Event Sessions into titled groups within the Channel for example upcoming webinars and archived webinars or by topic.
- Channels can take many forms including stand-alone Channels and embedded Channels.
You can maintain your channels by adding sessions, removing sessions, and updating filter lists to control your channel listings.
Unsure of where your channel is based within your account? Reach out to email@example.com and they will help you further.