Getting Started - Step 1
Event Setup - Step 2
- Creating and Building an Event
- Choosing Event Presentation Type
- Previewing your Event
- Not using the WorkCast Registration Form?
- Not using the WorkCast Auditorium?
- Event Security and Access Models
- Multi Registration Events
- How To Build a HubSpot Event
- Event Build Checklist
- Event Level Branding
Running Your Event - Step 3
Creating an On-Demand (From a Live Event) - Step 4
Virtual Event Template User Guide
Live Stream - Venue Network Requirements Overview
Learn what venue requirements are needed to have a successful Live Stream.
WorkCast Live Stream Events
The WorkCast Webcast team can stream live events using the WorkCast Platform from anywhere in the world. As part of the event planning and preparation stages, the network at the venue should be reviewed.
The following requirements should be considered when choosing your venue:
- At least 2 network connections are available near the planned location for streaming equipment, or a single port that allows a network switch to be connected.
- Although wired internet connections are preferable, we recognize that many venues may only provide WiFi. We can stream successfully using WiFi, however, this does increase the risk of an event as this network is unlikely to be dedicated.
- Ports 80 (http) and 1935 (RTMP) open for UPSTREAM and downstream connections.
- A minimum of 10mbps UP/DOWN speed.
- Ensure H264 MP4 streaming and progressive download not blocked by firewall or packet sniffing system.
- It is best practice to have an IT professional from your side on site to ensure any required troubleshooting is smooth.
If customers are unsure of venues meeting these requirements we are happy to discuss with their IT support teams to ensure the LiveStream will be successful.
If you have any questions about venue network requirements for your event please contact us at email@example.com.