An alternative attendee chat and Q&A feature with conversation threads, question upvoting, emoji and gif support
The Engagement Wall is a new attendee engagement feature. The feature can be used as an alternative to the current WorkCast Q&A and Attendee Chat options. It incorporates an open chat room with an additional optional Q&A section. Future updates will offer optional 1-2-1 attendee chat and an alternative polling option. Initially reporting for the Engagement Wall will be supplied as an extracted data list after the completion of the event by contacting email@example.com.
Initial Attendee Features Include:
- Open Attendee Chat
- Attendees can post chat messages which all attendees see
- See a message and reply directly to the message to start a conversation thread
- Add "Likes" to posted messages
- Open Q&A (Optional can be turned off)
- Submit a specific question for moderators to answer
- All questions submitted can be seen by other attendees
- Attendees can "upvote" a submitted question which will allow moderators to prioritise question answers
- View answered question answers
How do I enable the Engagement Wall feature?
Within a created event inside your WorkCast account, navigate to the 'Event Experience' tab > 'Extras' > 'Engagement Wall'. You can then select the desired layout option followed by 'save' and then 'publish'.
How does the Engagement Wall look for attendees?
You can choose from 4 layout options for how the engagement wall appears in your auditorium for the audience to interact with.
Example with content:
Attendees - Using the Engagement Wall
By default attendees will see an open chat room, this can not be disabled and is the minimum requirement for the Engagement Wall. When you post within the Engagement Wall your registered name will display when you submit a post. There is an additional separate Q&A section within the Engagement Wall where you can ask specific questions. All attendees will see the posted questions, and only moderators within the WorkCast Studio can reply to a question.
- Posting a chat message
- Type within the "Post a comment" section and click the arrow to submit your chat message. Any messages posted will be seen by all attendees.
- Reply to a specific posted chat message to start a conversation thread
- Hover over a posted message and an arrow will appear
- Click the arrow and your widget will then show the user name, you are then replying to a specific chat message.
- Post a specific "Question" in the Q&A section
- If the Q&A section is enabled within the Engagement Wall an attendee can navigate to the Q&A section by clicking the icon shown below. If this feature is disabled you will not see the below icon.
- Once clicked you can now ask a specific question. Event Moderators within the WorkCast Studio can reply to questions.
- As an attendee, you will see all other attendee questions submitted.
- "Like" other posted chats and upvote a question
- Attendees can like other posted chats by clicking the 'heart' icon available with each posted chat message.
- For posted questions in the Q&A section attendees can click the 'thumbs up' against specific questions. This will highlight to moderators the most liked questions.
Moderator - Viewing attendee chat/questions
When the Engagement Wall feature is enabled Host/Producers and Presenters joining the Studio will see the Engagement Wall automatically appear when joining the Studio as a widget appearing from the bottom right-hand side. It will expand open as default. Studio users can collapse the widget if required.
Moderator - Deleting a chat message
As a moderator, if you wish to delete a chat message hover over the message and you will see three dots appear, click the three dots and it will open additional options. As a moderator, you can then delete the message, with further options to ban or block the user from submitting additional messages.
Moderator - Posting a chat message
As a moderator you can post messages within the main Engagement Wall for all attendees to see. The display name you are logged into the studio with will display when you post a chat. Attendees will also see a small icon saying "Mod" after your display name to indicate "Moderator". As a moderator you can select emoji and gif animated images to choose from to send as part of a message.
Moderator - Viewing and responding to submitted questions
- To view the "Q&A" section of the Engagement Wall click the following icon within the Engagement Wall widget
- Within this section, if no questions have been submitted by the audience you will see the following icon
- If a question has been submitted you will be able to click the three dots next to the question, and then select the option to reply. Once you reply any attendee will be able to see the response. You can also click the drop-down option to view "popular" or "un-answered" questions.