This article will go through how you can add Advanced/Graded polls for your event that includes participants receiving a CPD certificate.
Graded polls are one of the easiest ways to offer testing and CPD/certification to your audience. Producer license users can build test questions, set a pass/fail rate, and more using the WorkCast platform.
Graded polls can be used in both LIVE, SIMULIVE, and ON DEMAND events.
*IMPORTANT NOTE* The use of graded polls requires your WorkCast event template to be configured to support it. To see if your template allows for graded polls or to purchase a new template, contact your customer success manager.
Graded polls are configured in the WorkCast Platform.
Step One - Add desired polls in the 'add polls' section. Graded polls require the following settings and formatting:
- Poll Type: Check box list, Drop Down List, Radio Button
- Is required: Yes
- Adding Answer Options: Use commas to separate answers. Do not use spaces between the answers and commas.
- Setting the Correct Answer: Add [[tick]] after the 'correct' answer.
- There can only be one correct answer per question.
- If the event is set SIMULIVE and ON-DEMAND, indicate the time stamp that the poll question should appear to the audience. If the event is set to LIVE, polls need to be manually launched in the WorkCast Studio.
- You must ensure not to add in extra comma's between answers, and we would avoid any use of special characters such as < > ( ) . : " ' @ etc.
Sample Question: Are you still watching the event?
Sample Choices: Yes[[tick]],No,Maybe
Step Two - Configure the graded polls settings as desired or to meet accreditation requirements. In your Event > Event Experience Tab > Extras, click Advanced Polls to show the advanced options.
- Poll Retry Limit - How many times someone can re-take the test. Only applicable with on-demand events; for live events set to no-limit.
- Use Graded Polls - Check this box to activate graded polls. The [[tick]] function will not function unless this is checked.
- Pass Percentage - Denote the score a user needs to achieve in under to earn a certificate.
- Certificate URL - If a user achieves a passing score after taking the test, they will get a link to access the related certificate. WorkCast can build a certificate to match your brand if desired; contact your customer success manager for more information. If you have a certificate template, here is a guide on how to create it for your event
Step Three - For LIVE events, use the Event Polls pod in the WorkCast Studio to launch the graded polls at the desired time. This step is not needed for SIMULIVE or ON-DEMAND events as polls will launch automatically at the desired timestamp.
Sample full Screenshot Below:
The below screenshots illustrate the audience experience for an event featuring graded polls. Users can track their scores, retake the test if they fail (if a retake option is available), and access the certificate with a passing grade.
The configuration for this is done during the template build; no event-by-event configuration required to activate the graded poll elements found on the audience view.