A Host/Producer/Presenter can invite an attendee to join a video breakout room
Key Functionality Overview
- Attendees can be provided a WorkCast auditorium URL to join a video breakout room by a Host/Producer or Presenter user
- Up to 10 individuals including the moderator can join a single breakout room
- Breakout meetings are not recorded or broadcast to an audience, they are intended to be a 1-2-1 private conversation but up to 10 individuals can join a single breakout room at the same time.
Attendees - How to join a Breakout Session
- You will be provided a WorkCast Auditorium URL either through clicking a direct link from a page within an event, or through a private Q&A or Chat message from a Host/Producer or Presenter.
- You will be asked by your browser to allow access to your webcam and microphone, then enter your name and click 'Ask to Join' the breakout.
- The Moderator for the breakout session will then authorise or decline your request to join the breakout session
- Once you have been accepted into the breakout you will then be able to freely speak on camera to the moderator.
- Features Available: (Bottom left to right)
- Text Chat: You can type text as an alternative to speaking using your microphone
- Screenshare: Share content with the moderator and other breakout users
- Raise Your Hand: Notifies a blue circle within your thumbnail to let other users know you wish to speak.
- Mute Button: Mute your microphone
- Leave Button (red): Leave the breakout session
- Camera Button: Show/Hide or switch between cameras if you have more than one
- 4 Squares: toggle between views to how you see other breakout users
- Security Tag (Green Shield): The room is set to use the lobby feature by default and standard security settings
- 3 Circles (dots): Additional menu items:
- User name: Your user name
- Manage call quality: you can change the quality of your webcam if you are low on bandwidth
- View Full Screen: Enlarge the presentation
- Share a YouTube Video: You can add a YouTube video URL to share a video with audio.
- Settings: Test call quality/audio settings
- Speaker Stats: Other users details and duration for time connected
- View Shortcuts: Keyboard shortcuts