Present+ Trial: Getting started
Last updated January 8, 2019
After logging in, it's easy to create 'Quick Events' using event templates already set up and configured within your account. you can follow our setup guide to help guide you through the process. Before running an online event you have access to browse through our platform and discover all the features that you can use.
Suggested Features to Try Out During Your Trial
- Try recording a quick introduction video and embedding this in your slides. Be sure to set the video to start playing the video automatically PowerPoint when that slide is reached.
- Add some animations and builds within your slides.
- Experience live events on a number of different devices such as Laptops, iPhones, iPads, PCs and Android devices.
- Set up some polls and experience the power of receiving audience feedback. Many of our clients run much more engaging events by making polls the focus; ask the audience then discuss the results live!
- Add documents, links and other downloadable resources to your event auditorium page to see how your audience can access and download relevant content within your event page.
Once you become a Present+ licensed customer you can turbo-charge your events even further with our product and template upgrades such as:
- Custom Templates - Upgrade customer event experiences allow you to create Quick Events that look like your website, intranet or any other design you require. Custom Templates can be 100% matched to your needs, from registration, details emails to the live and On Demand event experience.
- Support Add-Ons - Our Monitored, Managed and Monitoring services provide extra peace of mind. These extra services allow you to focus on your event goals without worrying about the practicalities. Our event managers will check your setup and provide one-to-one support during live events ensuring smooth and stress free experiences for all.
Testing Your Events
Online events typically have large audiences meaning it can be tricky to create similar environments when testing an event. We suggest getting a few colleagues to act as the audience and take the chance to run a test event. This will help both you and your colleagues understand how live events work and look with the power of all our different features.
Suggested Approach for Testing
- For the test events you will play the role of Host and Presenter while your colleagues will be the audience.
If you also want to experience your webinar as an attendee you can set up a second PC and screen (we suggest not trying to do all roles on a single PC or screen).
- Set up a Quick Event by following the steps outlined by the wizard after logging in.
Set the time of your event for the following day and at a time after the current time - this will allow registrants to experience the reminder emails (by default, these will be set to send 24 hours and then 1 hour before the event time you have set).
- The Quick Event will create a registration page for your event - send this URL to a few colleagues and ask them to register. Also register yourself to experience the reminder email process.
- Either upload your slides or use the default slides we provide within the platform as standard.
- Around 10 mins before the event start time, log into the WorkCast Studio by clicking the 'Run' button from your event summary and dial into the presenters phone bridge.
- Within the 'Media Hub' pod and 'Present' tab, click 'Start' to load your slides, then make sure to press the 'Broadcast’ button to allow your audience to see the slides on their view of the event page.
- Click through slides while talking into the phone bridge. Your audience will be listening and watching the slides. Ask your audience to test the features you want to see, ask questions and run test polls.
- After a suitable amount of time stop your event and auto-publish the On Demand version.
- Take a look at the graphs produced, etc.
- If you are interested in more sophisticated analytics you can request a consultation and ask us to provide you with detailed analytics from your event.
Enjoy your trial!
Was this article useful?
Please provide us with any feedback to help us improve this page