Last updated January 7, 2019
Graded polls are one of the easiest ways to offer testing and CPD/certification to your audience. Producer licence users can build test questions, set a pass/fail rate and more using the WorkCast platform.
Graded polls can be used in both live and on-demand events.
*IMPORTANT NOTE* The use of graded polls requires your WorkCast event template to be configured to support it. To see if your template allows for graded polls or to purchase a new template, contact your customer success manager.
Graded polls are configured in the WorkCast Platform.
Step One - Add desired polls in the 'add polls' section. Graded polls require the following settings and formatting:
- Poll Type: Checkbox list, Drop Down List, Radio List
- Mandatory: Yes
- Adding Answer Options: Use commas to seperate answers. Don't use spaces between the answers and commas.
- Setting the Correct Answer: Add [[tick]] after the 'correct' answer.
- There can only be one correct answer per question.
- If the event is set on-demand, indiciate the time stamp that the poll question should appear to the audience. If the event is set to live, polls need to be manually launched in the WorkCast Studio.
Sample Question: Are you still watching the event?
Sample Choices: Yes[[tick]],No,Maybe
Step Two - Configure the graded polls settings as desired or to meet accreditation requirements. In your Event Session > Event Experience Tab > Extras, click 'Advanced Polls' to show the advanced options.
- Poll Retry Limit - How many times someone can re-take the test. Only applicable with on-demand events; for live events set to no-limit.
- Use Graded Polls - Check this box to activate graded polls. The [[tick]] function will not function unless this is checked.
- Pass Percentage - Denote the score a user needs to achieve in under to earn a certificate.
- Certificate URL - If a user achieves a passing score after taking the test, they will get a link to access the related certificate. WorkCast can build a certificate to match your brand if desired; contact your customer success manager for more information.
Step Three - For live events, use the Event Polls pod in the WorkCast Studio to launch the graded polls at the desired time. This step is not needed for on-demand events as polls will launch automatically at the desired time stamp.
Sample Screenshot Below:
The below screenshots illustrate the audience experience for an event featuring graded polls. Users can track their scores, retake the test if they fail (if a retake option is available) and access the certificate with a passing grade.
The configuration for this is done during the template build; no event-by-event configuration required to activate the graded poll elements found on the audience view.
Was this article useful?
Please provide us with any feedback to help us improve this page