Scheduled Replay (Simulive) Events
Last updated July 11, 2018
As well as running live events the WorkCast Platform also allows you to run Scheduled Replay (simulive) events. These are events that use pre-recorded media to play out to the audience at a scheduled time. As such they are set up as though they are a live event but without the need for any interaction at point of broadcast from the event organiser or presenters.
Key Scheduled Replay Requirements
- Who can create a Scheduled Replay? - Producer user types have access to create a scheduled replay, Host user types do not have this option available to them.
- Media Type - Recorded media (MP4) must be available within your account so you can attach to your event.
- Minimum/Maximum Media Length - Your media must be between 1minute and a maximum of 3hours long. The WorkCast Platform will not display media outside of these requirements as options to attach to your event.
- Event Duration - The duration of the event will be dictated by the length of your attached media. If you schedule a live event with a 1 hour duration and attach a 42 minute piece of media, the event will run for 42minutes.
- Can I use the Phone Bridge? - You do have the option to dial in to the phone bridge during the schedule replay broadcast to speak live over the media. Please note you will only be able to speak up to the length of the media. So if your media is 42 minutes and you want to dial in to the phone bridge to do a live Q&A it would need to take place within those 42 minutes. Alternatively when you create your media you could allow an extended section with no audio where you may wish to dial in to speak to your audience.
- Previewing your Scheduled Replay - You can preview your media within the WorkCast studio prior to your event. Please note - Preview is only available prior to the event up until the length of the media plus 15 minutes. So for example, if the media is 30 minutes long the last point you can preview the media in the Media Hub is 45 minutes prior to the event start time. The preview will display inside the Media Hub for presenters, and will also broadcast to your audience in the main event landing page.
- Event Start Time - Once you have your media attached the event will begin at the start time you have set. The stream may start within 90 seconds prior of the start time to ensure the best attendee joining experience.
- Post Event - After the event has successfully taken place the 'Auto on-demand' option will be available to turn your scheduled replay in to an on-demand event. When this is ready your event listing page and individual event page will indicate this is now available. You may experience up to an additional 60 seconds added to the end of the on-demand version of your recording. This can be trimmed should you require by navigating to 'Media' within your account, locating the media and selecting 'Trim'.
- Using Polls in your Scheduled Replay - You can configure polls to appear for your scheduled replay event prior to your event taking place. IMPORTANT: Polls will not automatically be pushed to your audience at pre configured times, you MUST manually trigger any polls from the WorkCast Studio during the time your event is broadcasting.
Setting up a Scheduled Replay Event (Producer user)
Simply follow the steps below to create your Scheduled Replay event.
1. Create a Live Event from the 'Create Events' tab within your account. Set a date, time and duration and click 'proceed'.
2. Navigate to your event, and within 'Event Setup' select the 'Scheduled Replay' radio button option. You will then see a popup appear, close the popup and hit 'Save'
3. You should now see the 'Slides' tab has changed to 'Media', by default a holding piece of media is attached. You can select the 'Choose Existing' button underneath the holding media to attach your real piece of media. If you do not see a 'Choose Existing' option then there is no .mp4 media available within your account.
4. Once you have attached your media hit 'Publish Draft'. You can now hit the 'Run Event' button to launch the WorkCast Studio. The 'Media Hub' tab will show you a count down clock until the event begins. If you are inside the available preview time you can hit 'Preview' to see your media play. This will broadcast in the Media Hub and within the event auditorium page.
5. Your event will now be broadcast within your auditorium page at the scheduled start time.
Was this article useful?
Please provide us with any feedback to help us improve this page