Event based reporting
Last updated June 11, 2018
Event reporting is available for Producer+ and Enterprise licences and allows you to view an online dashboard or download extended reporting for each event. It also allows you to view statistics for the live event session and the On Demand event session.
- Logging on to the platform
- Creating event reports
- Choosing your reports
- Understanding your reports
- Create Reporting Link
Please login to the platform with the login details supplied to you by WorkCast.
To access the WorkCast Platform use the following URL.
Enter your user login details supplied to you by WorkCast.
Creating Event Reports
Once you have logged into the platform you will be taken to the welcome page.
1. Click on the Events Tab
2. Click on the event that requires a report.
3. Click on the Report Setup button
4. You are now taken directly to the event reporting page where certain default report items are selected for you.
Choosing your Reports
To customise your report you should click on the Show all options button to show all report options available to you.
1. The first thing you will need to do is to select the data range of the report. This can either be all the data for that event or a custom data range, using the calendar buttons.
2. The next step is to select the event session that requires a report to be generated. This can either be the Live Event only, or if the On Demand has also been created then this can also be selected to use for comparison reporting.
3. Once you are happy you have selected all the reports required, please click on the Save New button. You will be prompted to give this report a name, this is so you can navigate back to the report filter at a later date.
Your report is now visible and you have also created a shareable URL.
Understanding your reports
Once the Generate Report button has been clicked all report types selected in the reporting dashboard will appear for you to view.
The reports can be displayed in a number of formats and this can be selected in each section by selecting the appropriate radio button.
For the examples below, column charts and pie charts have been selected.
To generate a spreadsheet for any of the reports generated, please click on the report button to the side of the report. This will generate a view only spreadsheet and a downloadable Microsoft Excel document which can be edited once downloaded for any of the reports shown.
Registrations and Attendance - Count
Shows the number registered vs number attended statistics for all event sessions chosen.
To view a larger image click on the icon to the bottom that states download.
Auditorium Visits per Referrer - Count
Shows a breakdown of referrers for the auditorium.
Viewing Duration - Average
Shows the average viewing durations of each event session.
Registration Page Visits - Count
Shows the number of hits on the data capture form along with the number of registrations.
Registration Page Visits Per Referrer - Count
Shows a breakdown of referrers for the data capture form.
Document and Link Clicks - Count
Shows the number of documents and links that have been clicked from within the auditorium.
Pass/Fail for Graded Polls (CPD) - Count
If there are graded polls within the event sessions the pass results of these polls will be displayed in this chart.
Known/Anon Attendees - Count
Shows the known vs anonymous attendances and sessions for each event session.
Shows the poll results for all event sessions selected.
Shows the durations time of each presenter, please note that the 'Presenter Switching' functionality within the presenter console needs to be used to populate these figures.
Questions Asked/Answered - Count
Shows the number of questions asked as well as how many of those questions have been answered.
User Journey Report
Each of the mentioned reports will allow you to generate an individual report for that section by clicking on the report button of the graph you are looking at. However, if you wish to have all the information in one Excel document, rather than multiple documents, you require a user journey report which can be generated by following the steps below.
1. Click on the Channel or Events tab
2. Select the Channel or Event that requires an extended User Journey Report.
3. Click on User Journey Report button.
4.The pop up below will appear. Click on the check box that states Create Extended Report.
5. Click Proceed
6. The platform will then take you to the Report Tab.
7. The status of the report will be pending and will have a red cross next to it during the time it takes to generate the report, typically 24 hours.
8. You will have to log back into the account 24 hours after generating the report to view or download the details.
9. After 24 hours, the red cross will be replaced with a green tick and a download button will appear. This will allow you to download the document into an Excel document format.
10. Please note that two excel documents will be available. The first document will be the Channel Event Activity Report and the other will be the Channel Events Report.
If you wish to share your reporting with another user without them logging into the platform you can use a reporting link giving direct access to your event report. This link allows access to specific event reports only without the ability to navigate to any other areas within the WorkCast Platform.
This can be tailored to only include the report filters you wish to share.
To access the Reporting link you must be a Producer user.
To use a shareable link follow the above steps on Choosing your reports. Once you have created a report you can share this.
1. Saved reports are accessible in the column on the left of the page
2. This link can now shared allowing a user to view all the reporting contained in the reporting set up section but without the ability to see any other events in the platform or access any other content.
Was this article useful?
Please provide us with any feedback to help us improve this page